Quantcast

Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Polish Bar Spring 2015 Collection, part 1

Today I have the first of two posts about The Polish Bar's Spring 2015 Collection. (Check out the second one here. ) I've been a fan and customer for quite a while now and was pretty excited for this delicate, soft take on spring. Overall, this collection features sheer, buildable shades that make cool pastels extra-wearable for someone strongly warm-toned like me. Let's check them out after the break!
*sent by the maker for photography and review*


Cotton Candy is a misty rose jelly with soft pink, coral, and violet circle glitters, worn here in four thin coats. The glitters are not super-abundant, but as you can see plenty came out on my nails. It is a sheer shade, so if you want it completely opaque it needs to be layered over a base creme. Quick drying and shiny finish.




Diamonds in the Sky linear holo jelly with a sprinkling of bright blue shimmer and a light sky blue base. This has a lovely, watery, soft quality I adore. I wore this in four thin coats and did notice a very slight tendency to bubble due to the quick dry time if I allowed any layers to get thicker in places but top coat evened it all out and the results were perfect.




Green Goddess is a jadite green jelly with blue and lavender microflakes and holographic microglitter. Again, this was four thin coats and the formula was spectacular - smooth, shiny and quick-drying.




I love my jellies and I was really pleased with these, especially how colors that I don't normally think will look good on me ended up being super-flattering and sophisticated due to the translucency and delicacy. I will be back soon with the second half of the collection, so stay tuned! These are currently available for $8.50 each for full size, $50 for a full-size set of six, and $28 for a mini set.

*sent by the maker for photography and review*

The Polish Bar is made by Janice in California, and is known for sophisticated colors, brilliant shine, and high-quality formulas.

Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePolishBar

Social media: 
Facebook fan group, Happy Hour at the Polish Bar: https://www.facebook.com/groups/719417948170762

No comments:

Post a Comment